Monday, March 26, 2012

Replacement for SETUSER

Books Online says 'SetUser' is deprecated, but doesn't tell me what the
new way to change user contexts is. Am I not supposed to want to do
this, or is there some other way?
Thanks!
Ionit's execute as.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181362(SQL.90).aspx
-oj
<ionFreeman@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1141934114.006542.247290@.j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...
> Books Online says 'SetUser' is deprecated, but doesn't tell me what the
> new way to change user contexts is. Am I not supposed to want to do
> this, or is there some other way?
> Thanks!
> Ion
>|||Thanks, OJ. I'm using SQL Server 2000, however, for which Books online
doesn't mention an 'Execute As'. So, I'll just live with the fact that
it's deprecated in this version, but not replaced until the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment