Friday, March 30, 2012

Replacing existing records in a table

I have a table that stores all the processed data from other tables. How can I replace the same data in this table when I do "reprocessing"? It's kinda like a combination of delete then insert kind of thing. I cannot simply insert as it will become duplicates. any idea?updates?

The message I have entered is too short.|||can UPDATE do multiple column update?

actually the purpose is for rerun of query. If i were to use UPDATE, i need to check if the record exist first. That's not efficient. I am looking for direct replacement.|||can UPDATE do multiple column update?

yes

actually the purpose is for rerun of query. If i were to use UPDATE, i need to check if the record exist first.

maybe. maybe not.

That's not efficient. I am looking for direct replacement.

really? that is all in how you skin the cat.

why don't you read Brett Kaiser's sticky at the top of this board, follow the directions, and save everyone a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment