Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replacing all occurrences of a string in a VARCHAR column?

Hi All
I have table Tab1 with a column Col1 of data type VARCHAR. I want to
replace every "Kop " string in that column with "HY". Is there an easy way to
do this. Below is an example with column Col1 with 2 rows of data:
Col1
J Dixion
K Kop
I got some helpful scripts on replacing a string within a TEXT column last
time like the one below. I have tried those scripts on other data types of
data like VARCHAR and it did not work.
http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2445
Thank you in advance.
MittyKom,
Try the T-SQL REPLACE function.
HTH
Jerry
"MittyKom" <MittyKom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8F17586A-F6F6-46D1-A47D-5C85F3D36E9D@.microsoft.com...
> Hi All
> I have table Tab1 with a column Col1 of data type VARCHAR. I want to
> replace every "Kop " string in that column with "HY". Is there an easy way
> to
> do this. Below is an example with column Col1 with 2 rows of data:
> Col1
> J Dixion
> K Kop
> I got some helpful scripts on replacing a string within a TEXT column last
> time like the one below. I have tried those scripts on other data types of
> data like VARCHAR and it did not work.
> http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2445
> Thank you in advance.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment