Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replacing a publisher with subscriber

SQL 2000
Currently, I have push transact replication with
immediate updates going out to several subscribers.
I want to take the publisher off the network and have a
subscriber become the publisher...
I will remove replication, and then delete the
field "msrepl_tran_version" from all of the published
tables.
Then I can install replication and push it out to the
subscribers.
I'm not using DRI.
Does this sound like the right plan?
Thanks,
Don
Yes, but what do you mean by "I'm not using DRI?"
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Don" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:038601c48edb$fd525570$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> SQL 2000
> Currently, I have push transact replication with
> immediate updates going out to several subscribers.
> I want to take the publisher off the network and have a
> subscriber become the publisher...
> I will remove replication, and then delete the
> field "msrepl_tran_version" from all of the published
> tables.
> Then I can install replication and push it out to the
> subscribers.
> I'm not using DRI.
> Does this sound like the right plan?
> Thanks,
> Don
>
|||You'd mentioned in an earlier post of mine that if I was
using DRI than certain other steps would have to be done
regarding removing and setting up transact SQL.
Does that sound right?
Don
>--Original Message--
>Yes, but what do you mean by "I'm not using DRI?"
>--
>Hilary Cotter
>Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
>http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
>
>"Don" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:038601c48edb$fd525570$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment