Monday, February 20, 2012

Rendering: PDF and Landscape

I have a (very simple) report where I specifiy 11 X 8.5 as the paper size.
The report renders in HTML correctly in Landscape mode. When I select PDF
and Export the report is reformated and rendered as 8.5 X 11 (portait mode).
How can I fix this?
thanks
dlr"blackshirt" <blackshirt@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<A9031067-D190-44C0-98A6-C0155B65ACE9@.microsoft.com>...
> Dennis,
> Did you ever find the answer. I'm having the same issu.
> Thanks
> "Dennis Redfield" wrote:
> > I have a (very simple) report where I specifiy 11 X 8.5 as the paper size.
> > The report renders in HTML correctly in Landscape mode. When I select PDF
> > and Export the report is reformated and rendered as 8.5 X 11 (portait mode).
> > How can I fix this?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > dlr
> >
> >
> >
try this:
from the main menu,
1. go to Report->Report Properties...
2. on the 'Report Properties' window go to the 'Layout' tab
3. then proceed to the Page width and Page Height controls. they have
default values of 8.5 for the width and 11 for the height.
4. Reverse the values for the width to be 11in and the height to be
8.5in
try it and let me know how it goes.
Good luck!|||I was going from a published report and switching from portrait to landscape
mode and the report was snap shot cached. In the end I deleted the report
(using RM) and re-deployed the report (from VS). after that I was fine.
dlr
"A Gutie" <fiututor@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eca873f7.0409160622.58362840@.posting.google.com...
> "blackshirt" <blackshirt@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:<A9031067-D190-44C0-98A6-C0155B65ACE9@.microsoft.com>...
> > Dennis,
> > Did you ever find the answer. I'm having the same issu.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Dennis Redfield" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a (very simple) report where I specifiy 11 X 8.5 as the paper
size.
> > > The report renders in HTML correctly in Landscape mode. When I select
PDF
> > > and Export the report is reformated and rendered as 8.5 X 11 (portait
mode).
> > > How can I fix this?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > dlr
> > >
> > >
> > >
> try this:
> from the main menu,
> 1. go to Report->Report Properties...
> 2. on the 'Report Properties' window go to the 'Layout' tab
> 3. then proceed to the Page width and Page Height controls. they have
> default values of 8.5 for the width and 11 for the height.
> 4. Reverse the values for the width to be 11in and the height to be
> 8.5in
> try it and let me know how it goes.
> Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment