Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reoprting Server cannot be viewed by the client machines

I have set up a RS on my local machine and it can be viewed by the machine. However this cant be viewed by the client machines ..wonder what could be the settings that need this to work.

Regards

Alu

Hi,

Can you just explain little more on your probelm. If i am correct, are you getting any ASP.Net page error while trying to view the report from client machine?

If it is so, then try out the following,

In your client Internet Explorer, just delete all cookies and offline contents. after that do the following.

Tools --> Internet Option --> Setting(Temp internet files) --> select Every vist to the page.

Now you should be able to view the reports from your client machine. I dont know the root cause for this porbelm. I have experienced the same and tried for various options of Internet explorer and find it working.

Good Luck,

|||

hmm tried and seems not working..it applies to all client machines thus i assume the problem lies in the setting from the server itself?

Regards

Alu

|||

are you using the http://machinename/reports/ to access the report manager? if yes, try using http://ip_address/reports/

if this gets you there, then try pinging the machine name from a client and see what it renders to for an ip address.

do thise test, post the results, and we will continue troubleshooting from there.

|||

Have tried both but in vain. Furthermore I found that the IIS hosted in my XP Pro machine could not be accessed from any other client machines. I am installing RS in my local XP Pro machines and i could see my Report Manager. In the first place IIS should show "Under Construction..." if access from client but it's not. How to i troubleshoot IIS?....

Regards

Alu

|||

I have managed to remove the firewall and IIS problem has cleared. However, now when i access the report server..it prompts me for password. Currently in my settings (report service confguration) my Windows Service Identity uses Local System. How do I disable the prompting of password? Thanks.

Regards

Alu

No comments:

Post a Comment