Monday, February 20, 2012

Rendering without parameter values supplied give error

Hi

I hope someone can help me out here. I'm quite new to RS so perhaps this is just me not knowing something obvious.

I have a report with several parameters, most of which have values the user can select from a list, supplied by a query. Some of these lists are filtered depending on the value of other parameters. (Eg One list has all customers, one list has all orders. If I select a customer, the order list changes to only contain orders for the selected customer.) Some of the parameters are just float or date values that do not rely on any other parameters being selected first (eg OrderDate). Some parameters have default values and some do not.

When I first go into the report in Report Manager it is fine and does not automatically render - as not all parameters have values supplied.

The problem is that as soon as I select a parameter value from the list when that value is part of the query for another parameters values, the report renders automatically - without some of the other parameters being supplied yet - and consequently errors with the rsReportParameterTypeMismatch error. (Eg I select a customer and the report renders before I can enter the OrderDate parameter.)

How can I stop the report automatically rendering before I have entered/selected values for all the parameters?

Thanks, Phaedra

I am having a very similar issue with default values creating a large report that takes a long time to render. I would like to prevent the report from firing on load and for it to wait until the "view report" button is actually pressed. Any suggestions would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment