Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reordering entries in form

I have a form with a few entries running in it, 1-10. Now, what I would like
if possible, is for the entries to be reorganised so that they are listed
alphabetically. So, when I open the form, instead of getting entry number
one, I get the entry beginning with A.

I have resorted the columns in my table, however this ain't helped."Neil Greenough" <neilgreenough@.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:ckj98c$f20$1@.hercules.btinternet.com...
>I have a form with a few entries running in it, 1-10. Now, what I would
>like
> if possible, is for the entries to be reorganised so that they are listed
> alphabetically. So, when I open the form, instead of getting entry number
> one, I get the entry beginning with A.
> I have resorted the columns in my table, however this ain't helped.

Is this another Access question? :-)

In MSSQL, you could order the data with an ORDER BY when you retrieve it
from the database:

select col1, col2, col3
from table1
order by col2

I have no idea how you would do it in an Access form, though. You might want
to try in microsoft.public.access.forms.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment