Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reorganization and logs

I have a db maintenance plan set up that reorganizes my data once a week. I
noticed that the SQL Server Log does not indicate that this has run.
However, if I use the option to 'Write report to a text file in directory:',
a .txt file is created that indicates the reorganization has run. Why does
this not show up in the SQL Server Log as my reindexing and backups do? I'm
running SQL 2000.
The backups really shouldn't be in there either in my opinion. The log is
mainly for error info and a successful backup can be found in the job
history. If you want to know if and when it ran you can check the Job
History and the MP history.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Roger" <Roger@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B604E4EE-8C77-4B5D-8B05-EBFC42BE0023@.microsoft.com...
> I have a db maintenance plan set up that reorganizes my data once a week.
I
> noticed that the SQL Server Log does not indicate that this has run.
> However, if I use the option to 'Write report to a text file in
directory:',
> a .txt file is created that indicates the reorganization has run. Why
does
> this not show up in the SQL Server Log as my reindexing and backups do?
I'm
> running SQL 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment