Monday, February 20, 2012

rendering pdf files with expressions in header or footer

I have a quite complex report with a header and footer (displays on every
page) that must be renedered as pdf. In the body I have a table within a
list. This works well and is relatively quick with SP1. However if I add any
expression to a field in the header or footer the pdf file takes 4 minutes
to generate (vs 10s without the expression). For instance, if I add the page
number to the header it will take 4 minutes to generate. I have not
experienced this problem with any other report. Any idea what is causing
this?
ThanksA bit more info on this. I've discovered that it only happens where I have a
table within a list and the grouping on the list is done on a field with a
large number of records. It renders fine in html, but it adds up to 4
minutes for the pdf generation. If I remove the expression from the header
it is fine. If I add a textbox with a value of ABCDEF - no problem. But if I
change that to ="ABCDEF" - very slow pdf generation.
Thanks
"Werner van der Merwe" <wernerv@.nvisionit.co.za> wrote in message
news:egWT8fKcEHA.3988@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have a quite complex report with a header and footer (displays on every
> page) that must be renedered as pdf. In the body I have a table within a
> list. This works well and is relatively quick with SP1. However if I add
any
> expression to a field in the header or footer the pdf file takes 4 minutes
> to generate (vs 10s without the expression). For instance, if I add the
page
> number to the header it will take 4 minutes to generate. I have not
> experienced this problem with any other report. Any idea what is causing
> this?
>
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment