Monday, February 20, 2012

Rendering report in ASP.Net

I am now trying to render a report in ASP.Net using the reporting service
web service.
When I use the render function I get a SOAP exception ...
The permissions granted to user '"Server1\ASPNET' are insufficient for
performing this operation.
This same code runs fine in a windows form, but I want a web form.
What permissions does this user need to have?
Regards RichardGive the user sufficient permissions via Report Manager.
--
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Richard Wrench" <rwrench@.icsecurity.com> wrote in message
news:u%23d8zL0cEHA.3480@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I am now trying to render a report in ASP.Net using the reporting service
> web service.
> When I use the render function I get a SOAP exception ...
> The permissions granted to user '"Server1\ASPNET' are insufficient for
> performing this operation.
> This same code runs fine in a windows form, but I want a web form.
> What permissions does this user need to have?
> Regards Richard
>
>
>|||Thanks again Ravi
"Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)" <ravimu@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:uzJCKd0cEHA.2812@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Give the user sufficient permissions via Report Manager.
> --
> Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
> SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> "Richard Wrench" <rwrench@.icsecurity.com> wrote in message
> news:u%23d8zL0cEHA.3480@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > I am now trying to render a report in ASP.Net using the reporting
service
> > web service.
> >
> > When I use the render function I get a SOAP exception ...
> > The permissions granted to user '"Server1\ASPNET' are insufficient for
> > performing this operation.
> >
> > This same code runs fine in a windows form, but I want a web form.
> > What permissions does this user need to have?
> >
> > Regards Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment