Monday, February 20, 2012

Rendering Reports on aspx (SOAP)

I've never worked with a Web Service before and am confused. I have
established a prox class for the web service RS, and authenticated with the
Report Server (I think). Now, how do I go about getting a particular report
to display on my page (on Page Load or other)? Also, once I get past this,
what control should contain the report (something like aReportViewer)?
DavidHi Jones,
You have fully source code for render a report in ASP.NET here
http://www.rdlcomponents.com/ASPExamples/default.aspx
Thanks
Jerry
--
The First RDL reader/writer of the Market
http://www.rdlcomponents.com/
"DJONES" wrote:
> I've never worked with a Web Service before and am confused. I have
> established a prox class for the web service RS, and authenticated with the
> Report Server (I think). Now, how do I go about getting a particular report
> to display on my page (on Page Load or other)? Also, once I get past this,
> what control should contain the report (something like aReportViewer)?
> David|||When you use this method, you're opening a can of worms that may break some
RS functionality. Do you really need to use SOAP rendering?
Another, easier technique is to create the URL string for a Get request and
set the source of an IFrame to that URL (set the NavigateURL property of a
hyperlink control to the report URL and set the target to the name of the
IFrame.)
If you really need to use the web service method, you can send the output of
the Render method to the Response.BinaryWrite() method to render the report
in the current page.
Paul Turley
"DJONES" <DJONES@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:82FFFE8E-9F6A-419D-8782-A09284AD989B@.microsoft.com...
> I've never worked with a Web Service before and am confused. I have
> established a prox class for the web service RS, and authenticated with
> the
> Report Server (I think). Now, how do I go about getting a particular
> report
> to display on my page (on Page Load or other)? Also, once I get past this,
> what control should contain the report (something like aReportViewer)?
> David|||Well, I'm looking at this option for security reasons. Internally, I use the
ReportViewer. I'm under the impression that the SOAP method will allow me to
keep my data secure on a Internet facing implementation with less effort.
Can you give me an example of the functionalities I will be giving up going
this route?
"Paul Turley" wrote:
> When you use this method, you're opening a can of worms that may break some
> RS functionality. Do you really need to use SOAP rendering?
> Another, easier technique is to create the URL string for a Get request and
> set the source of an IFrame to that URL (set the NavigateURL property of a
> hyperlink control to the report URL and set the target to the name of the
> IFrame.)
> If you really need to use the web service method, you can send the output of
> the Render method to the Response.BinaryWrite() method to render the report
> in the current page.
> Paul Turley
> "DJONES" <DJONES@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:82FFFE8E-9F6A-419D-8782-A09284AD989B@.microsoft.com...
> > I've never worked with a Web Service before and am confused. I have
> > established a prox class for the web service RS, and authenticated with
> > the
> > Report Server (I think). Now, how do I go about getting a particular
> > report
> > to display on my page (on Page Load or other)? Also, once I get past this,
> > what control should contain the report (something like aReportViewer)?
> >
> > David
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment